Wednesday, May 25, 2011

wondering...

Very often when I read scripture, I begin wondering. Yesterday I was talking with some new friends of mine, Larry and Carolyn Waggonner about one of those scriptures that cause me to do that. Larry told me I should blog about it, before he steals it! So Larry, here it is.

Luke 9:10-17. Jesus had just left the crowd to withdraw with his disciples but the crowds learned about it and followed him. Then verse 11 says this, "He welcomed them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God and healed those who needed healing."

Here's where my wondering begins...I wonder, "What did Jesus' welcome look like?"

I see him, in my minds eye, walking through the crowd. I imagine him shaking hands, "Hi, I'm Jesus, so glad you are here. I hope you stay for lunch." "Hi, I'm Jesus, what's your name? So nice to meet you, I hope you stay for lunch." "Hi, I'm Jesus, what's your little one's name? I hope you stay for lunch." Hi, I'm Jesus, how long have you been sick? I hope you stay for lunch." I imagine his disciples following him through the crowd and wonder... if they didn't over hear him inviting everyone to stay for lunch?

And then I love verse 12 and 13, his disciples say to him, "Send the crowd away so they can go find food and lodging." Then, you gotta love verse 13. Jesus says, "You give them something to eat." I don't know I just think this is so funny!

and I wonder...didn't Jesus know the whole time what he was getting ready to do in verses 14 through 17?

just wondering...

No comments: